Western Digital WD Elements 2 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive

Western Digital WD Elements 2 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive





Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Western Digital 1Tb External Hard Drive describe

How to

Being a photographer holding my images safe is my top priority but because I often shoot in a Raw format it means that my images take up a lot of space. My current computer law is probably around 5 years old so unfortunately I am stuck with a computer with a 125Gb hard disk drive. This hard drive would be more than ample for everyday use but I often shoot around 8Gb of photos each and every shoot I do and when you take into account I shoot in the middle of 3-5 shows a week then my small hard disk becomes a problem.

For this conjecture I had to get an external hard drive. I took a while to research some and came over a few that I liked. There were some hard drives that were admittedly thin and would be perfect on the Move as they were so small, however these hard drives had a wee more memory than my current hard drive, these weren't going to last me long.

Western Hard Drive

The hard disk that I decided to go with was the western digital elements 1Tb drive. The conjecture for my option was that the warehouse space was huge and the hard drive was well priced. My introductory buy was from eBay but the distributor sent me out a Spanish version for some reason, so I sent it back and purchased the drive from amazon where it was the same price.

How ot Western Digital 1Tb External Hard Drive describe

The Review

The Western Digital elements hard disk is much smaller than I expected, it's practically the size of a small book and weighs around the same. One of the best features I found with this hard drive is the Noise of it, it makes next to none and I constantly check to see if its plugged in. The silent Noise levels is a great advantage of having this hard drive as I have tested some in the past that are extremely noisy which becomes a big annoyance when you have to live with the thing.

The Power Led is located at the back which is other perfect highLight of this external drive. If you look around you chances are that there are flashing Lights where ever you look, when it comes to televisions or computers these Lights stay on even when you're not using the device, this becomes annoying when you are trying to do something else and not use your computer. The Led on the back of the external drive means that we constantly don't have a red blinking Light in our face.

The drive connects to your computer via Usb 2.0, which gives you a constant high exchange speed. I often exchange large files to my hard drive and get a exchange speed in the middle of 30Mbps and 37Mbps which is extremely fast for Usb 2.0.

The gismo is plug and play which means that you just connect the hard drive up to your computer and it's ready to go, there is no need for any software facility which I found very useful.

The Western Digital Elements hard disk is an perfect external hard drive and since writing this review I have purchased the 2Tb model which has allowed me to store even more of my images. If you're looking for a hard disk drive which is reliable, affordable and easy to use while having tons of room for warehouse I extremely propose the western digital elements hard disk drive.

How to Western Digital 1Tb External Hard Drive describe

Recommend : Buy Shopping Discount Dehumidifier 30 or 40 Pint

No comments:

Post a Comment

New eBook